EDINA’s newsletter, Newsline, is now available to read online.
Newsline is aimed at user support staff, interested users and others with an interest in EDINA. It carries information on EDINA services and developments and this issue is full of varied and relevant information.
In this issue read about:
- The inclusion of Lidar (Light Detection and Ranging) data to the Aerial Digimap collection and this year’s GeoForum, held in the Geological Society of London on the 22nd of June.
- Pixel This, a small Innovation Fund project looking at creating more arresting visuals for promotion/marketing by using a photographic technique known as ‘light painting’.
- The Edinburgh Maps project creating a web interface to allow the generation of a web map for inclusion in a project page, MOOC, event webpage etc.
- Site2Cite working with postgraduate student interns to understand how PhD students can be supported through tools that enable resilient links and associated archiving of web resources being used and cited in research.
- ShareGeo Open having been successfully imported into DataShare, the University of Edinburgh’s data repository.
- Award success for EDINA’s research-informed Digital Footprint consultancy and training.
- The Words on the Street project has been developing new LitLong: Edinburgh apps that enable anyone to interact with georeferenced literature of Edinburgh.
- After ten years of continuous operation, EDINA closing OpenDepot.org and migrating the content.
- EDINA’s Director Janet Roberts teeing off this year’s Repository Fringe at the John McIntyre Centre on the 3rd of August.
- The popular Digimap for Schools service being updated to include millions of photos from across Great Britain.If you have any comments or questions about anything EDINA please do get in touch.