EDINA Newsline 17.4 published
17 December 2012
Our quarterly newsletter, Newsline, is aimed at support staff, end-users and others with an interest in EDINA. It contains updates on services, projects and other developments.
In this issue:
- COBWEB project enables ‘citizen science’ in UNESCO Biospheres
Developing an infrastructure for environmental reporting using mobile devices.
- UKBORDERS to take on new branding
Taking on branding from the UK Data Service Census Support Service.
Rolling out a web service to create statistical mapping.
- New Digimap case studies
New case studies in the fields of history, geology, palaeontology, landscape architecture, and archaeology.
- Tell us what you think: User satisfaction surveys
Take this opportunity to tell us what you think about EDINA services.
- Redevelopment of SUNCAT Platform
New interface design and a raft of under-the-bonnet improvements.
- PECAN post-cancellation access project final report published
Highlighting the findings and outcomes of the project and recommendations for further activity.
- New MANTRA Data Management Training unit published
The seventh unit: Data protection, rights and access.
- Knowledge Base+ shared service to help libraries manage e-resources
Addressing challenges of inadequate data and metadata about publications, packages, subscriptions, entitlements, and licences.
- Using OpenURL Activity Data: final report and recommender
Highlighting the outputs and outcomes of the project, notably the development of a Recommender that locates an article and suggests related publications using a database of recommendations based on OpenURL activity data.
- Updated EDINA reports
New versions of the Community Report and Annual Review are available.
- New Staff
Rocío von Jungenfeld and Richard Wincewicz join EDINA.